Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Repost of EZ Etouffee

"Robatoy" wrote:

Actually, margarine as a product has evolved quite a bit. Here, we

have a product called Olivina, made with olive oil and buttermilk. All
natural, tastes pretty good and is full of Omega 3.

Sure as hell beats margarine.

I often use olive oil to replace bacon grease after rendering the
bacon down or use a 50/50 butter/olive oil mix for cooking.

Besides, you're not married to a woman who runs a stroke prevention

clinic at the local hospital, are you?

Sounds like a personal problem to me.grin

Lately, there's been a rash of 50 - 60 year old small business owners

and engineers coming through her clinic.
Many of them like their butter too. As do I. But I would rather eat
Olivina for 20 years than butter for 5 years.

I suspect there is a lot more than butter in the diet at work here.

Smoking, lack of exercise, too much booze, too much sugar water, etc,
probably don't have anything to do with it.

My mother, who made it to 103, loved to eat fatty pork and chicken,
especially chicken with the skin still on it.

SFWIW, she had to have her fried sausage and fried potatoes for
breakfast every morning right up to the end.

She also loved vegetables, and avoided processed foods like they were
the plague.

Her motto was "All things in moderation".

I try to follow that same philosophy.

So far, seems to be working.

As Pat barber noted, 1/4 Lb butter gets lost in all that sea food and
rice.

Angela and I aren't anal about it, because we do eat butter on

occasion, but it is bad for you on a daily basis.

These days you can find documentation to support almost any position
you want to take.

Might want to check out the margarine vs. butter documentation
sometime.

Seems butter may have been getting a bad rap.

Personally, the term "Lite" as it relates to food products, is a real
hot button for me.

Usually it just means more water in the product.

I absolutely refuse to buy any thing with "Lite" on the label.

Hell, if I want water, I'll go to the faucet.

Off the box.

Lew