Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Fed up with HP

"Bruce" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I've got a Cannon i865 printer and the cost of the inks is ridiculous.

That's true of just about all printer brands and models

It getting cheaper to fill the car up with fuel, than it is to buy ink

for
our printer. No Joke.

You're right.

My last bill for ink for a basic Dell printer was just north of £60.
The printer (an "all in one" Lexmark clone) came free with a PC, but
would normally have cost only about £40.

A warning came up within a week that new cartridges were needed, but I
kept them going until the ink ran out two months later, and only then
replaced them.

It was £58 to fill the car up and £62 (colour and black) to buy ink
cartridges for our HP all-in-one. The fifty eight pounds for fuel will
normally last me about 2 weeks, back and forward to work. The sixty two
pounds for ink will also last for about two weeks because we use the machine
to fax, copy and print all our work stuff.

So it is actually cheaper to fill the car with fuel, than it is to buy the
ink to refill the printer.