Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott[_2_] Scott[_2_] is offline

Default Odd Breaker Arangement

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:18:20 -0400, in alt.home.repair, "John Beckman"
wrote:

tied together, I'd just say OK 100 amp service and these are the mains, BUT
there were three of them. What gives, I'm thinking of buying the place and
want to know what kind of elec service it has. Unfortunately I did not
remove the panel cover, and I don't know the brand. Suggestions? Speculation

Looking under the cover would be the obvious next step....

If it's not 3-phase, is there maybe another breaker panel you haven't
noticed? My 1960 ranch is like that...distribution panel's in the garage,
but the main is outside by the meter.