Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:02:52 -0400, "J. Clarke" wrote:

mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:44:38 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Just thought that I'd chime in here, since I may have caused some
confusion:

Gateway called it a "downgrade" because it's a price decrease..
AFAIK, It comes from Gateway with XP as the original OS, not
installed over Vista..

Either way, I would have preferred an XP machine, even if I had to
"upgrade" it to XPpro..

In that case the differences would be in Gateway's settings.

Very likely...
I notice that most factory installed operating systems are "detuned"...
I think they figure that the less it's tweaked, the less calls to their help
desks..

I've noticed that both Dell and Gateway are VERY conservative on the virtual
memory settings..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing