Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Fed up with HP

PeterMcC wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message
PeterMcC wrote:

snip
And, whilst on the subject, I have no association with them other
than as customer but I can heartily recommend ink.co.uk

http://tinyurl.com/56qgpf

Ink cartridges at 0.37p instead of £10 makes an enormous difference
to the running costs though we use their more expensive (£1.47!)
cartridges that dry that bit quicker which is important for us.

When we look at new printers, we always draw up a short list and then
research the prices of compatible cartridges. All other things being
equal, the cartridge price is the decider - probably saving a
thousand pounds a year in running costs.

I got a nasty 'attacked detected' message when I tried to use that
tiny URL - or ink.co.uk.

Attack detected!

This attack has been detected and access has been denied:
83.170.115.5 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB;
rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666

I'm terribly sorry about that - and completely baffled.

I should say immediately that I've never had a problem with them or
their site.

I've just visited it, and used the tinyurl, using Firefox 3.0.3, IE 7
and 8 on both Vista and XP loaded with so many anti-virus / defender /
resident shield/ firewalls that they drive me mad sometimes and yet I
can't get a squeek out of any of them.

I've emailed them to see what ink.co.uk say - and I'll report back once
I get a reply.

Shame 'cos I've found them to be really good value and, as I say, they
have been no problem at all.

I certainly don't blame you - but thought I'd better shout now.

--
Rod

onset.