Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default what type of glue for mdf / melamine?

On Oct 30, 9:02*am, "Slider" wrote:
Hi

We are going to paint our fitted bedroom wardrobes, which are MDF doors with
a Melamine (I think that's what it is) cover. *The melamine cover is loose
and needs gluing back to the door. *So I removed the melamine off one of the
doors, thinking I could prime the door then paint it. *Trouble is, the MDF
has a very thin film glued to the MDF which gives it a very smooth finish..
This film has come off in places when I removed the melamine cover. *I am
now thinking of either sanding down the door to remove any 'lips' between
the "filmed MDF" and "non-filmed" (if that makes sense), or gluing the
melamine cover back to the door.

If I go for the latter option, what sort of glue would I need? *Door
measures 2130mm x 525mm, so presume I would need some sort of glue which I
could roller on over the entire door.

Or does anyone know where I could buy new doors in the above size. *All the
places I have looked seem to sell different sized doors.

Thanks

Evostik contact adhesvive - but ventilate well!

NT