Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Lock locations

In article , dennis@home
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...

In extremis though I reckon I can make a wooden door and frame more
secure than a plastic one but few pay what it would cost to do it.

Anything you can add to a wooden door can be added to a plastic one.

It would be difficult to imagine the add-ons that would make a uPVC door
installation as secure as a wooden block blank door (or 60min exterior
fire door) with twin BS approved deadlocks, suitable hinging and steel
reinforcement for locks, hinges and frame.

A steel framed uPVC door and frame is a start but the flawed locking
system and the vulnerable panels make it weak once its design limits are
passed.
--
fred