Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edgar[_2_] Edgar[_2_] is offline

Default Time of year

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Edgar wrote:
As for (double) Summer time all year - I'm for it. Apart from
anything else it would stop us having to mess about with clocks
twice a year. (Are there any central heating controllers with good
radio controlled clocks?)

Living in London I'd like BST as standard and double in the summer.
When working I get up before most - about 6 to take the dog out - and
it's broad daylight. I'd rather have a longer evening.

BTW, my Viessmann boiler re-set its clock automatically. Easy enough
for anything with a microprocessor. You don't need radio clocks where
mains is available.

The Drayton Digitast remote programable thermostats also re-set
themselves. I have no idea if they are radio clocks though. (The
manual does say "set up in the factory" so I doubt it is radio.

Adam

Thanks Adam. I think that might be just what I want for the heating. It
doesn't really matter how it works - so long as it can cope with the
government changing the rules.

Edgar