Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Wood splitter

"Steve" wrote in message
On Oct 26, 4:23 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

Another update:

Last night on the DIY channel my wood splitter was featured on a
program on tools.,,,,,,,,,,, Only that one had a Ryobi name stamp on
it instead of McCullough. Just a couple cosmetic differences, both
made in China probably in the same plant. Same exact size and specs
as mine. They seemed to give it a very favorable review so I'm hoping
they are right. They said for maintenance it mainly needed the
hydraulic fluid changed once and awhile and to keep the wedge
sharpened. I have used mine everyday now for about a week and I
continue to be impressed by its capability.......

************************************************** ****************8

How big of rounds have you tried it on?

Biggest so far have been about 6 - 8 inches but most of my big round
wood in the basement is already split at least in half so I am mainly
reducing the big halves down into quarters or smaller and so far it
has worked great.
Steve

Helped a neighbor last evening. He had some rounds that were up to 24". My
26 ton splitter with the Honda 5.5 performed beautifully. Lots of the wood
was soft and split easy. Some of it was dry, and knotty pine, and took
more, but it split eventually. We did about three cords in a short time, as
it was already cut into rounds.

Steve