Posted to alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Recessed lights that fill room with light

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

RBM wrote:

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a slight contradiction of goals which I am hoping to resolve.

I would like to have recessed lights that are as inconspicuous as
possible yet fill the room with nice soft light.

Do there exist recessed lights that are small (3" or 4"), yet do what
I want them to do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

I would consider incandescent light as "soft", and in a four inch
fixture,
the largest lamp you'll get is 65 watt BR30. IMO, you'd need an
impractical
number of these to "fill" the room, and still be inconspicuous, unless
it's
a pretty small room

Consider tubular fluorescent cove lighting around the room perimeter
reflecting off the white ceiling.

There were recessed lights in the kitchen when we bought the house, and it
was always dark, even in broad daylight with no overhead cabinets and 6
large windows. The first thing we did was remove those lights and replace
with track lighting. What a difference!