Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Correction: Political signs

HeyBub wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I think we're seeing it already as the investor class computes the
future of a probable Obama administration.

Amazing. It is all because Obama is getting elected, not because of
the obcene rupublican policies and lack of regulation that collapsed
the economy? It is crazy the way republicans can blame anythig that
happens on the democrats. It seems like republicans can make no
mistakes at all. LOL!

Let's get up-to-date, Slick. It was the PRESENCE of regulations that
caused the current collapse. Specifically the Community Redevelopment
Act "enhancements" in 1995 that mandated banks provide low (or no)
interest loans to people who were simply unqualified.

The Republicans have tried, most recently in 2005, to impose
oversight on Mae and Mac but were rebuffed by the Democrats.
Actually, John McCain was a co-sponsor of the the '95 bill to
scrutinize both Mae & Mac.
To paraphrase Al Gore, "Everything that should not be regulated was,
and everything that was not regulated should have been."

The above post should have read: "John McCain was co-sponsor of the _2005_
bill to scrutinize both Mae & Mac."

We regret the error.