Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita TD020DSE

In article ,
John Weston wrote:
In article ,
says...

I use mine like any other rechargeable - until the performance drops
off. Then let the charger sort it out - it's a Makita not some B&Q
crap.

It's news to me you have to take special precautions with those
batteries - aren't they common on most phones these days?

Yes - phones will stop working before the battery gets fully discharged
They also recharge them correctly. In the case of a drill, you may be
tempted to squeeze the last drop, or even worse, put them on an
incorrect charger with a discharge cycle, if they are plug-compatible.

I've never been tempted to fully flatten any rechargeable as the principle
is unsound - even with NiCads.

With Li-ion, you should only use a charger designed for it.

Correct for every type of battery.

I was always of the opinion that a recharge after use was the best
tactic for long-life - at least it works for me with cameras and laptops
- and I still use a phone with a Li-ion battery that was supplied by
Cellnet...

You recharge your phone after each call?

--
*There's no place like
www.home.com *

Dave Plowman London SW