Posted to alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.repair

Default Recessed lights that fill room with light

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a slight contradiction of goals which I am hoping to resolve.

I would like to have recessed lights that are as inconspicuous as
possible yet fill the room with nice soft light.

Do there exist recessed lights that are small (3" or 4"), yet do what
I want them to do?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Halo makes a 3" can, but it is much more expensive than a 6" can. When you
go smaller the spread of light is smaller and to get even illumination you
need to install more cans which will fill up a ceiling. In order to get a
decent amount of light with the smaller cans you must use halogen bulbs
which tend to be a hard light.

If you want to be inconspicuous I would suggest that you use a 6" can and
adjust the socket so that the bulb is recessed up inside the fixture. Don't
buy the contractor packs that you see at Home Depot as they provide trims
that limit your choices.