Posted to uk.d-i-y
jal jal is offline

Default Time of year

In article ,
"dennis@home" wrote:

The main advantage of using GMT in the winter is that its dark when you go
to work and its dark when you come home.
You really shouldn't be allowed to have daylight at home on week days!

(late in this thread but ..) I'm of a certain age, so I've seen too
many bloody winters already. [voice off: hear hear!]

My point is: however they bugger around with the clocks, SURELY it only
applies to a couple of weeks around October/November and February/March
anyway?!?

I mean: last week it was dark when I walked to work, and now it's light
(vice versa walking home). But in a couple of weeks time it will be
flipping pitch dark at BOTH times. So WHY switch the hours for the sake
of a couple of weeks? Daft, I call it.

john