Brian Elfert

Default Dryer to Standard 220 Extension Cord

"Mark Jerde" writes:

wrote:
I'm assuming you've got a dryer receptacle on the wall for the
standard four-prong dryer plug. Have a look to make sure it has the
separate ground back to the panel.

Nope, three-prong. :-( Same with the range, IIRC. I suspect I'm going to
have to do this "right."

Talk to a real electrician or go to Home Depot/Lowes/whatever and read a
book on wiring. You only need three wires for a 220V circuit.

Modern dryer circuits have four wires because a dryer has both a 110V
motor and controls and a 220V heating element.

Your dust collector only needs 220V with no 110V. Your dust collector
will work fine if you make an extension cord with a dryer plug on one end.

Brian Elfert