Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Time of year

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Well I agree with Anna. Anyway I always thought the clock change logic
was supposed to be about farming at a given latitude, not about
north/south. I liked the double summertime experiment. And the
argument that this would cut road accidents makes sense to me.

Nah. It was because of Childrunna.Walking to school in the dark. Getting
knocked over by Rampant Motorists, who are Toad like creetchas that rush
around going 'poop poop'.

There are statistically more accidents after dark at going home time than
in the morning. And altering the actual time in the north of Scotland
makes so little difference anyway for much of the winter as the days are
so short.

It was more than teachers could handle simply starting school at 8pm
instead on 9pm in the summer, so they changed the clocks instead.

Far more likely is big business and the civil service who couldn't cope
with varying work times across the land.

--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.