Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default installing wood stove

On Oct 27, 12:41*pm, "Kevin"
wrote:
I have a shop - 24x36 that has a simple gable roof of low slope.

It's finished and insulated.

There is a small built in AC unit in one corner of the wall towards towards
the top. *A custom opening has been created for this AC unit (it's window
type unit, but the opening is not a window).

I was thinking I might be able to simply remove the AC unit and make a
chimney fitting like this..

* * * |
_ _ | *(passes through the opening used for the AC in summer

(to stove)

I could set this up in the winter, and then switch back to the AC in the
summer.

Thoughts?

The alternative is to cut another hole in my wall, or ceiling/roof.

If youi have insurance on the building be sure to contact your agent
about a woodstove before proceeding. Some companies won't insure,
others will cancel and if it causes a fire and they weren't notified,
they won't pay.

Harry K