Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.building.construction
Cwatters Cwatters is offline

Default Engineered Hardwood and Water Spills

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
Does anyone have any info or comments about how resistant engineered
hardwood is to water spills?

I have 21mm thick 210mm wide engineered oak floor treated with Osmo hard wax
oil in a two year old house. First time we used the shower water leaked
through the floor onto the oak in the room below. About a two pints of water
was spilt. Didn't notice for 24 hours. Nothing bad happened.

We have also mopped the floor 5 or 6 times over the past two years with no
ill effects. Obviously we don't soak it with water. We squeeze out as much
water out of the mop as we can so the mop is just damp.