Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default hrbor Freight vacum pump

if it really moves 2.5 CFM it should be OK, though at the low end of what I
would recommend - but this is a "real" vacuum pump and you do not need the
high vacuum - I think you'd be better off with a thomas or gast wobble
piston pump - 1/3 hp or larger should be fine - I have some on my web site
(wbnoble.com) but I've heard that others are finding them locally - and that
may well be cheaper. There is no price with the harbor fright ad that I
saw - if it's over $100, then look elsewhere.

"Bruce Ferguson" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...ateg oryName=

I saw this vacuum pump in an advertisement from Harbor Freight. Would
this work for vacuum chucking or is it too small.

Bruce