Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default Moving heavy machines

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:58:57 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Randy,
The big boys use compressed air pallets. They are amazing to watch move
very
heavy machines around a warehouse on these things. It does take a
reasonable
smooth flat concrete floor, but they move by fingertip pressure only. If
ever move again, I will make an air pallet for every machine and
permanently
mount the machines to the pallets.
Steve

Sometimes stopping them is a bit problematic if you get them moving
too fast.....

----------
Try cutting off the compressed air.....

Elegant solution!!

But I think Gunner would prefer to combat the accrued momentum of a 6,000 #
machine with his own fairly substantial inertia, if his posts are even a
hint of an indication....
--
DT

Unka' George [George McDuffee]