Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] e_john_wilson@hotmail.com is offline

Default other teranews users - anyone able to post successfully throughteranews?

On Oct 28, 6:17Â*pm, Steve Ackman
wrote:
In ,
on Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:56:17 -0700 (PDT),bill,

wrote:
I thought I had fixed everything, and I was actually good to go for
about a week, but now I can't post throughteranewsto any NG again -
anyone else successful? Â*if so, what is the trick - note, I'm using
their "free" server -- don't know if that matters or not - for sure,
their on-line support is, shall we say "severly lacking" - as in there
isn't any. Â*but the price is right.

bill; -www.wbnoble.com

Â* I useteranewsas a backup/secondary... so all my
posts go out via aioe.org. Â*I signed up withteranews
some 7 years ago, and have only used them when my ISP
didn't either didn't provide usenet or wasn't reliable
enough to use as a sole server... so intermittentteranewsuse over these years. Â*Their reliability is
spotty enough that I'd never consider using them as a
primary, much less sole news server.

Â* Looks like they're down for posting again, as an
attempt to post just now yielded:

free.teranews.com: postarticles: trying to post file 3318-1225231752-1
Message-ID
free.teranews.com: postarticles: Article file 3318-1225231752-1
Message-ID was
rejected: "403 Remote Server Unavailable"
moving file 3318-1225231752-1 to failed.postings
free.teranews.com: 0 articles posted.

--
˜¯˜¯

I too cannot post through free.teranews.com

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' other
teranews users - anyone able to post successfully through teranews?',
Account: 'free.teranews.com', Server: 'free.teranews.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '403 Remote Server Unavailable', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 403, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

John.