Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Time of year

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Ron Lowe ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote:
Heh!

Try Aberdeen. You might think the few hunderd miles further north is
negligible in the global scheme of things, but it makes a significant
difference.

When I worked offshore, I was often on the Shell Northen platforms:
North Cormorant, Eider etc. To get there, it's one hour north from
Aberdeen to Sumburgh in Shetland by fixed-wing aircraft, then another
hour north by helicopter from Sumburgh.

If you worked a night shift in winter, you'd not see daylight for weeks.
For that matter, even on a day-shift around mid-winter, the sun would
just briefly pop up over the southern horizon.

Yehbut you get those lovely long days in the summer.

Full of midges and still not warm.