Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Makita TD020DSE

Steven Campbell wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure its working properly as I just used
it properly to put some 4x50mm Turbogold screws into some battens.
The screws would go in about 10mm then start to make that ratchet sound as
if the driver was struggling, but put them in no problem.

Thinner screws go into soft wood in much the same way. the screws go in
maybe half way and then the sound of the ratchet starts!!

Yup, that is the way of the impact driver, when the going get s tough,
it gets clicking!

--
Cheers,

John.