Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Moving heavy machines

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:39:46 -0500, the infamous Randy
scrawled the following:

Since there seems to be alot on this subject lately, I'll add this,
spent the weekend moving machines around my shop. Bought a set of
these machine skates from ebay Item number: 350099092584

Aww, too bad you didn't talk to Leigh at Mar Machine.
eBay 370102972015, 3 skates for $200. He might have made a deal for
you.

About 1/4 the price of Hilmans and they worked very well, they were
made in Taiwan (not China; different in my book). A local rigger
wanted $650.00 for the move. Local rental place wanted about $100 for
a set of roller for a day, which would have been about $125 once tax
and insurance fees were added on. And I'm sure I'll be using them
several more times yet. Now I just need a place to store them.

That's something I would have either made myself or rented, but I'm
chea^H^H^H^Hfrugal as all getout.

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.