Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default Time of year

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Does anyone else really hate this time of year?

Wanted to finish an outside job today, would have been happy to work till
6:30 but couldn't see a bloody thing by 5pm.

Makes the day seem so much longer.

I reckon I've got that seasonal affective disorder thingy.

Heh!

Try Aberdeen.
You might think the few hunderd miles further north is negligible in the
global scheme of things, but it makes a significant difference.

When I worked offshore, I was often on the Shell Northen platforms: North
Cormorant, Eider etc. To get there, it's one hour north from Aberdeen to
Sumburgh in Shetland by fixed-wing aircraft, then another hour north by
helicopter from Sumburgh.

If you worked a night shift in winter, you'd not see daylight for weeks.
For that matter, even on a day-shift around mid-winter, the sun would just
briefly pop up over the southern horizon.

--
Ron