Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster geraldthehamster is offline

Default fixing small piece of baseboard to ceiling

On Oct 27, 6:19*pm, benpost wrote:
got a small cupboard and we have boxed in the soil pipe, the ceiling
has a couple of big holes around where the soil pipe goes up to the
flat above so decided to cut a bit of baseboard to fit the ceiling,
instead of trying to fill the holes. *its only a small area and in a
cupboard so going to use grabs like nails. i've cleaned the ceiling as
it was dirty, and wiped clean the back of the baseboard. *whats the
best way of applying the adhesive? in spots? lines?

It doesn't matter. I'd spread it about a bit myself.

going to hold it
up with a long bit of wood til its stuck.

Take a book ;-)

An easier way to fill the holes, if they are out of sight in a
cupboard, is to jam a handful of rock wool insulation in there, if you
have any lying about. It's quite good for staying where it's put.
That's what I've done round the top of the upstairs soil pipe that
comes down inside the dowstairs bathroom.

Regards
Richard