Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default installing wood stove

"Kevin" wrote in message
I was thinking I might be able to simply remove the AC unit and make a
chimney fitting like this..

_ _ | (passes through the opening used for the AC in summer

(to stove)

I could set this up in the winter, and then switch back to the AC in the
summer.

Thoughts?

The alternative is to cut another hole in my wall, or ceiling/roof.

I'm sure you can do it, but doing the changeover every year is going to be a
PITA. I'd cut a hole and do it right, permanent, and structurally sound.
As you put the stove pipe up and take it down you are bound to lose some
integrity over time, or lose parts damage parts, etc. If you intend to use
the shop for a number of years, the project becomes less fun every year you
age. Do it right, do it once.

Watch those flammable chemicals in the shop too.