Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default Moving a bridgeport

On Oct 26, 4:04*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:28:27 -0700 (PDT), Vernon
wrote:

Gentlemen,

Early next week I will depart on a 580 mile odyssey to fetch home my
new bridgeport mill. *Thanks to Iggy (Thanks, Iggy!!!) I have a copy
of a bridgeport operation and maintenance manual.

whatever you do dont aft load the trailer or you will meet my
misfortune. wild uncontrollable swings above about 30 mph.

Stealth Pilot

I got my pintle hitch trailer back from my mechanic in fine condition
in terms of the lights and brakes. I am going to borrow all of the
tires from my dually dodge and put them under the trailer. These are
nearly new Michelin commercial truck / trailer tires that are about as
good as can be had.

Meanwhile, I am contemplating Roy's suggested purpose built skid idea
in the context of a scale drawing of a BP base I downloaded from
Iggy's site (Thanks Iggy!)

I am pondering whether to make the skid from wood, steel, or both.
Since the dimensions of the mill's base are 36 1/4" (side) x
24" (front and back) I guess I'll build it 36" square. That should
stabilize the footprint from side to side. On the heels of figuring
this out I guess I also need to give some thought to the welder!

On behalf of myself and the traveling public I thank you all! V