Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PIR flood light without manual override

Kevin wrote:
any one know of a floodlight with built in PIR without manual
override?? as we seem to live in a area that has dips in the mains
that's enough to trigger the manual override, so you come home to
find the lights been on all day wasting power, or would it be better
if I installed a separate PIR and floodlight

I'd like to know as well. In the more rural areas near here there is
exactly the same problem. Power dip or temprary outage at just past
midnight can leave a couple of 500w PIR's on all night.

I've reduced the problem for a couple of customers by swapping to 150w
lamps, or changing the lights to dawn/dusk ones with enegy saving bulbs.
But a lot of people like the PIR 500w jobbies as an intruder deterent. Not
sure if that works, but its what the customer wants.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk