Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default B&Q LED GU10 bulbs

"Roger R" wrote:
I tried them but did not find them suitable for the domestic environment.

The 'white' ones give a bluish light similar to moon light.
So if you prefer lighting to give a warm ambience these are not for you.

LED lights are very bright to look at but do not illuminate the scene at all
well, possibly because the light is only at one very specific wavelength.
I would have thought they could have included a couple of red and green
LED's to give a more balanced white but they didn't.

I think buyers might be put off by a kaleidoscope of different
coloured LEDs, but that is probably just what is needed to produce a
reasonable spectrum that approximates to "white light".