Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita TD020DSE

Steven Campbell wrote:
Went and bought one after the recommendations here.
I've only been playing about with it so far but not sure its sounding
to healthy.
It sounds like my old cordless drill when it has reached the torque
setting of putting a screw in.
Although the Makita sounds like this from about half way of putting
the screw in, it still continues to drive the screw in with that
ratchet sound but very slowly.
The batteries are fully charged.
Is this normal?

Depends on how big the screw is. With those small screws used for kitchen
door hinges it puts them in so fast you can hardly see them go. Bigger
screws go in more slowly but still go in.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk