Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default gas logs won't light

badgolferman wrote:
I have a Vermont Castings VF25 indoor gas log free-standing stove. I
have never used it and it came with the house. I tried starting it
last night but was unsuccessful. The gas company representative was
there today messing around with it also. He confirms gas getting to it
and spent 30 minutes attempting to purge the line. You can smell and
hear the gas. The ignitor sparks but the burner doesn't light.

I was going to try and light it manually but access to the burner or
thermocouple is prevented by the front cover. I have tried finding the
manual online but it looks like the company is out of business.

Any ideas?

I do not have this log set, but this sounds like a bad thermocouple. One thing
to check is to make sure there is no dust by the pilot light housing. Use some
caned air and shoot it across the pilot housing and thermo coupling.

The front cover should come off to gain access to the thermocouple.

Chris