Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Political signs

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

HeyBub wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Are Bush Cheney signs useful for anything?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Do you deny that Bush/Cheney lied us into war or that McCain has
completely reversed his position on many issues since Y2K (or even
more recently, e.g. torture) most of them for the worse, in a clear
attempt to pander to the ignorant Bush core voter bloc?

* I deny that Bush/Cheny lied us into war.
* I do not deny that McCain has reversed his position on some issues,
notably immigration reform. On torture, the situation is somewhat
tortured. McCain, as a victim of torture himself, has been adamant
his entire career in opposing it. What the Democrats are trying to do
is use McCains vote against requiring the CIA to use only those
techniques listed in the Army Field Manual as evidence he's in
lock-step with the administration. There's a good write-up at:
http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...729891,00.html
* I'd believe McCain took the base's desires into account when he
selected Sarah Palin, not even remotely convinced on the rest. Look,
the Republican party is made up of two elements: Social conservatives
and Economic conservatives.

Social conservatives are locked in to McCain on the issues of
abortion, gun rights, and Supreme Court nominations. The rest is just
noise.

Economic conservatives are locked in to McCain on the issues of free
trade and tax cuts (Republicans believe tax cuts can cure cancer and
alleviate bee-bites). The rest is just noise.

In one poll I saw, a slightly higher percentage of Republicans
support McCain than Democrats do Obama. No Republican is going to
base his vote solely on torture, immigration reform, the war, or any
of the almost (to them) insignificant issues.

What about if you're a "weak" economic conservative (that is, in favor
of small government and low taxes, along with small government and
reduced spending, but not necessarily full scale deregulation and
aren't necessarily opposed to progressive income taxes) but are
opposed to the religious right?

And why *wouldn't* someone base their vote on the war, when it is one
of the largest challenges facing us today?

It might help if they had an ACCURATE idea of what the war was about and
it's real state at the present.
Nate has based his on inaccuracy and media propaganda.(that explains a
lot..)

nate

Nate,who do you believe is going to enlarge government the LEAST?
Obama already has advanced plans to greatly enlarge the government and to
usurp the Constitution.

you -say- you are a "conservative",but all your points demonstrate you are
a Liberal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik