Posted to alt.video.vcr,sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Understanding timer program recording on old Sears VCR

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:10:20 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

If anyone's familiar with this kind of functionality, how are you
supposed to record future events if you have to work this slider
to make the recording happen and essentially render the VCR
useless for anything else in the meanwhile? The whole thing
seems contingent on your remembering when you set the
programs for.

Exactly. No one has ever made a VCR that allows you to manually record while
the machine is in timer-record mode. You have to switch off timer mode, make
the recording, then turn timer-record back on again.

This does not seem to me to be an unreasonable way of arranging things.

The most annoying thing I've found is in the user interface for programming them. Is it just me or are they always extremely badly designed?

This girl walks into a hardware store as she needs a new hinge for a door at home.
As she brings it to the counter, the clerk asks, "Wanna screw for that hinge?"
To which she replies, "No, but I'll suck you off for that toaster on the top shelf."