Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default Grounding roof antenna?

In article , Don Bowey wrote:
On 10/27/08 8:30 AM, in article
, "Sudy Nim"
wrote:

Installed new roof antenna, with new tripod mount and 10 foot pole (about
30ft.
roof to soil). Instructions say nothing about grounding. I have lived here
(far
Chicago suburbs) 44 years and always connected tripod to soil pipe about 20
feet
away. Never had a problem with lighting strike, excluding several power line
incidents. Question to ground or not to ground? TIA

Personally, I have never put up a lightning collector without grounding it
in some manner. I think you should ground the tripod and mast, and put a
lightning arrestor on the coax.

Agreed, and electrical codes in your state probably requires it. Well then
again with all the liberals running it!!! LOL just kidding.