Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw jw is offline

Default 10ee VFD mounting

Those of you who have retrofitted a VFD on their 10EE, where did you
put it?

I am thinking about putting it inside the casting, just because it
will be a neater final solution. But the end where the original drive
motor was, was filthy with oil and chips. Not really an environment
that I would like for a VFD. Now this may have just been 60+ years of
grime accumulation so may not be as bad as I think.

I have looked at putting it in the location where the generator was
(this had an MG setup). I can stick it in there, but it's not real
convenient for access.

The other option is mounting it on the outside on the backside. This
is easy to get to, and clean. But then I have a drive hanging off the
back of my lathe to bump into.

Decisions....

JW