Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Optimal boiler temperature setting

In article et,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On 27 Oct 2008 15:30:56 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Most efficient is to set the boiler temperature low enough such that
the room stat never quite switches off.

That may not be true.. my boiler is most efficient at full output and
is a few % less if the output is reduced.

I suspect full output is referring to burner power, not the water
temperature.

I'd add full output with the return temperature low enough such that
maximum condensing occurs.

Well, yes. Ky Keston is most efficient when it switches on initially
at full power with the system cold -- 26kW+ and flue gases less than
25C. Keeping it operating like that is not possible though, as it will
by definition start warming up the water.

--
Andrew Gabriel