Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] Preamp@web.de is offline

Default Startup Problem w/CDP Okyo DX-6810

I think you are going to need a service manual for this one.

I found one to download. Besides adjustment of focus and tracking
there's not much to read . I tried to do the described measurements
as far as that was possible w/out that test disc and the results were
quite much the same. Maybe that's misleading?

The clamper is that portion of the mechanism which maintains the physical
contact of the disc to the spindle motor platter.

That's what it does. It's running free, isn't vibrating and doesn't
slip over. Seems ok to me.

You originally said the unit just needed a new lens.

Yes. Actually that's what I did: I carefully popped out the old, blind
one and replaced it with a clear one from an old pickup which had a
weak laser. I glued it in place and checked if everything else is
still ok. The lens is still moveable, I didn't break any of the
plastic supportings. The coils are also working, checked that with a
little AC.
I watched the eye pattern before and after lens change. The only
difference I noticed was a HF-voltage gain of about 40%.

Did you actually have any playing problems?

Nope. I got this player with the problem it is currently having.

The KSS-150 and 210 are interchangeable, but an old
one you had laying around could have problems of it's own.

It might be old, but the player where I got it from is still ok! As I
said, that player also works fine with my new-lens onkyo pickup, but
the onkyo still shows the same error.

Might be a good idea to put everything back to original configuration and
start over.

I don't have the old lens and spindle motor anymore. Besides that
everything's still original.

Lasse