Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita TD020DSE

In article ,
Steven Campbell wrote:
Went and bought one after the recommendations here. I've only been
playing about with it so far but not sure its sounding to healthy. It
sounds like my old cordless drill when it has reached the torque setting
of putting a screw in. Although the Makita sounds like this from about
half way of putting the screw in, it still continues to drive the screw
in with that ratchet sound but very slowly. The batteries are fully
charged. Is this normal?

Yes. They work by 'kicking' the screw round. So will sound different to an
ordinary rotary type.

Just ignore the noise and marvel about how such a small device can handle
large screws with so little effort from the user.

The two things I dislike is the lack of lock for the handle position and
the switch location. The latter will depend to some extent on your
individual hand, I suppose.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.