Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Makita TD020DSE

Steven Campbell wrote:
Went and bought one after the recommendations here.
I've only been playing about with it so far but not sure its sounding to
healthy.
It sounds like my old cordless drill when it has reached the torque setting
of putting a screw in.
Although the Makita sounds like this from about half way of putting the
screw in, it still continues to drive the screw in with that ratchet sound
but very slowly.
The batteries are fully charged.
Is this normal?

Cheers

Steven.

Your description of the sound seems about right.

What size screw into what substrate? If large screw into hard substrate,
try a smaller (finer) screw into a softer surface. Does that work better?

For most of my use into wood and wood-based substances, it works
excellently. Soemtimes not so happy with big screws that are very tight
into plastic wall plugs.

Your description does sound like what happens as the battery fades. Have
you actually discharged and fully recharged one?

(Mind, as I have previously posted, the first screw I used it for was a
6xlong ultra turbo into a tough old fence post. Took a while but it
was driven right in including being countersunk - with no hole.)

--
Rod

onset.