Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Political signs

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Are Bush Cheney signs useful for anything?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Do you deny that Bush/Cheney lied us into war or that McCain has
completely reversed his position on many issues since Y2K (or even
more recently, e.g. torture) most of them for the worse, in a clear
attempt to pander to the ignorant Bush core voter bloc?

* I deny that Bush/Cheny lied us into war.
* I do not deny that McCain has reversed his position on some issues,
notably immigration reform. On torture, the situation is somewhat tortured.
McCain, as a victim of torture himself, has been adamant his entire career
in opposing it. What the Democrats are trying to do is use McCains vote
against requiring the CIA to use only those techniques listed in the Army
Field Manual as evidence he's in lock-step with the administration. There's
a good write-up at:
http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...729891,00.html
* I'd believe McCain took the base's desires into account when he selected
Sarah Palin, not even remotely convinced on the rest. Look, the Republican
party is made up of two elements: Social conservatives and Economic
conservatives.

Social conservatives are locked in to McCain on the issues of abortion, gun
rights, and Supreme Court nominations. The rest is just noise.

Economic conservatives are locked in to McCain on the issues of free trade
and tax cuts (Republicans believe tax cuts can cure cancer and alleviate
bee-bites). The rest is just noise.

In one poll I saw, a slightly higher percentage of Republicans support
McCain than Democrats do Obama. No Republican is going to base his vote
solely on torture, immigration reform, the war, or any of the almost (to
them) insignificant issues.