Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default Political signs

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Nate Nagel wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

Right, but in none of those places is there active fighting going
on. There haven't been shots fired in Korea or Germany for decades.

But in all of those places shot were being exchanged for much
longer than 5 years after we got there. This argument means nothing
until we get 10 or more years out.

I don't want to commit our young men and women for 10 years in Iraq
for no purpose.

It's yet to be explained to me why we're even in Iraq, save for the
lies of the Bush administration all proven to have been false.

[How can a lie be false? When it's the truth? But I know what you're
trying to say.]

Commit our young men and women? They are all volunteers. They joined up
for the chance to kill people and blow things up. 85% of Iraq and
Afghanistan veterans re-enlist. The remaining 15% retired, invalided out,
went to work for Blackwater, or have harridan spouses.

Our soldiers want to be there, they enjoy being there, they NEED to be
there! They fight for duty's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's sake.

Having our forces engaged in combat every decade or so is also to our
benefit. I saw a recent report stating that virtually every military
commander, from sergeant to general, has, by now, led men in combat. You
can't get that kind of experience off the shelf.

Leaving Iraq and Afghanistan out of the equation for a moment, of the
50-odd remaining Muslim countries, only two are putative democracies
(Turkey and Malaysia). The rest are monarchies (Jordan, Saudi Arabia),
theocracies (Iran), oligarchies (Egypt), totalitarian (Lybia), or
out-and-out anarchies (Sudan, Somalia).

These 48 leaders have to worry about whether they'll be next.

With McCain, we have a clear chance to take out Iran. Following Iran, with
Palin as president, I don't know who would be next.

Which country has wolves?

They are all out to get you.

olddog