Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Political signs

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Look at the places where we did "withdraw:" Vietnam and Panama come
to mind. Hong Kong is another example

Hong Kong was a British protectorate and they pulled out at the end
of a 100-year treaty. Be hard to put either of those on the backs of ANY
US person.

## Panama was not a failure until a Democratic president decided to withdraw
from the Canal Zone.

On the Canal Zone, I tend to agree (for about the only time) with
the Late and Much Lamented SI Hyakawa Senator from California who said:
"Of course it is ours we stole it fair and square". The Canal Zone was
hardly a loss. Panama itself was a plus because we got rid of the
dictator and the country itself has been doing much better economically
and otherwise. And we got a chance to annoy Vatican Ambassadors by
playing rock at their embassy until Noriega left. All in all a most
satisfactory foray.

Hope they played some "Meatloaf".