Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Political signs

clipped

No, that is called stupidity. A true patriot, when the folks in charge
make a bonehead move, CALLS them on it, and insists on a different
course of action.

Does anyone recall that in the leadup to the "war" in Iraq anyone who
was not for invading was unpatriotic? That, IMO, is the worst form of
traitor. We are bombing to install "democracy" in Iraq, and in the
Republican/gun toting/warmonger form of democracy you are a traitor if
you don't toe the party line. Just as true to the cause as the phony
religious (gag) posturing that has gone on for so long.

The PTB work for us, not the other way around. The rub comes when it
is a situation where there are no good answers, just choices among
varying degrees of bad ones. The US knocked over the bucket in SWA, so
they are sort of obligated to help clean it up at this point. Saddam
was scum, and deserves to burn in hell. But why exactly was he OUR
problem to solve, again?

Because we armed him to fight Iran, where they overthrew the ******* we
installed? Why would the middle-east not hate our guts? If we could be
honest and say that we went in to keep China from grabbing the oil, then
GWB would be a hero and we could fight a real war. The so-called
"surge" is looking good because we are paying the Sunni tribe
mercenaries to fight some bad guys, and when the money spigot is turned
off, then...........