Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default BlackBerry mobile phone software for engineers

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , geoff
writes
I think that the practical possibility of a mobile phone causing an
explosion is somewhere on the region of zero

This sort of discussion always reminds me of a talk on risk I remember
from years back. "Are you willing to take a risk if the odds are 1000
to 1?" Most people would say "yes." "OK here is a jar with 1000
smarties in it, plus one that has cyanide in it, would you like to take
one?" answer was normally "no"

That would depend upon the returns of the risk.

What would be offered in return for eating a random smartie from that jar?

1001 to 1 odds as you have added an extra smartie.

If you win a free McDonalds meal then the take up would be less than if you
offered a million pounds for surviving (some council estates could prove me
wrong on that offer).

Adam