Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Political signs

retired54 wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"retired54" wrote:

I've heard this before and I'm not getting it.

Has he done something to make gun lovers afraid? I'm sincerely curious. I
have no strong opinions on the 2nd Amendment other than I think it should
be
enforced.

s a state legislator in Illinois, Obama supported banning the sale or
transfer of all forms of semi-automatic firearms, increasing state
restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
s state senator, he voted against a 2004 measure that allowed
self-defense as an affirmative defense for those charged with violating
local laws making it otherwise unlawful for such persons to possess
firearms. He also voted against allowing persons who had obtained
domestic violence protective orders to carry handguns for their
protection.

As far as the 1st Amendment I'm sure there are many more right-wing kooks
would like to wiggle around that one.

Nah both sides are more than happy to try to silence those who disagree.

Thanks...Do you have any links to credible sources. I'd be interested in
hearing the full story and the circumstances.

As far as the 1st amendment goes I'm sure you're right but this current
president has done more damage to the Constitution than Nixon.

olddog

Including the 1st amendment - "free speech zones" anyone?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel