Posted to alt.home.repair

Default are the septic assist garbage disposals a good idea

On Sun 26 Oct 2008 07:55:33a, PanHandler told us...

"Kevin" wrote in message
l.net...
"Not compatible" is a bit misleading IMO.

It depends what you push through the system. It seems to me, that it
would be better to have whatever it is finely ground then whole.

So it's best to grind the smaller stuff first, and then grind the big
stuff?

When you consider what one normally flushes down the toilet ending up in
the septic tank, I would assume that what isn't easily digested by one's
own body is also not easily digested by the septic tank. The process is
not dissimilar, both sources of waste products being acted upon by bacteria
and enzymes.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)