Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Political signs

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

Obama simply by being younger hasn't had the same opportunities as
McCain to go on record with one position and then eight years later
support another one. The sad thing is, I would have voted for the
Y2K McCain, before he was destroyed by the same Karl Rove who's
working for the 2008 McCain.

So inexperience at flip flopping is a reason to vote for someone?

It ain't exactly a ringing endorsement, but it's better than a long,
proven track record of it. Plus I was much more comfortable with
McCain's "flip" than I was his "flop."

I'll probably vote for Obama not because I want to but because I
feel that the current Republican administration is literally
dangerous to the American way of life and McCain has done little to
distance himself from their policies and actions, his protestations
of "I'm not George Bush" notwithstanding. The Republican party
needs to move away - no, that's not strong enough, try "make a clean
break" - from the neocons and religious right and back towards a
more Goldwater-esque philosophy before I can ever consider
supporting them.

I'd generally support you in the latter part. But McCain was
never
that answer.

In retrospect that seems to be true, although I didn't know it. I
recently picked up a book of Barry Goldwater's letters out of the
bargain bin at my local bookstore, and what he has to say about McCain
is enlightening. Apparently he was a weasel long before I ever
realized it.

I am not as sanguine that Obama is the answer to the
question of being literally dangerous..

It's not an answer, it's just the lesser of two weevils.

I would be sorely tempted to vote Libertarian just to make a point
if it weren't for the fact that the election is still close enough
that there's a danger that that would allow McCain to win. That
can't be allowed, period. I do live in one of those states that is
still "too close to call" so I really don't feel that I can vote how
I really want to, I need to cast the vote that will keep McCain and
Palin out.

As I with O and B.

That's your prerogative, but I have to say that while Obama merely
concerns me, McCain and especially Palin scare the **** out of me.
This from someone who tends to lean right of center.

Voting for McCain is sending the message to the Republican Party
Machine that things don't need to change, and they most certainly do
if they want to continue to exist as a viable political party.
Pandering to the religious right and gung-ho trailer park dwellers is
not the way to work.

nate

Obama is for the "Fairness Doctrine" which most people know is anything but
"fair".It will shut down Talk Radio,silincing Obama's biggest critic.
Obama has already tried to shut up critics using the power of government.
(along with his campaign organization)
Kiss the First Amendment bye-bye with Obama.

but that doesn't seem to bother Nate...

Then some of his DemocRAT buddies have already mentioned nationalizing
certain industries,Obama wants to create his own Brown Shirt org,his
civilian National Security Force(armed and trained as well as the US
Military).

but that doesn't seem to bother Nate...
(he's blind)

Obama;communist mentored(Frank Davis),communist trained(Alinsky),communist
to the core.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik