Posted to alt.home.repair,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

Bob F wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
CJT wrote:
So she DIDN'T **** over her brother-in-law?

Apparently she tried, and with enough vigor to cause the resignation
of a dedicated civil servant. That should be enough to call her
judgment and ethics into question.
Hmm. Inasmuch as the Alaska Director of Public Safety serves at the pleasure
of the governor (most appointments are 'at will' employment), I see the
double-standard again in play.

Clinton fired all twelve U.S. Attorneys and, after some grousing, got away
with it. Bush fired a similar wad of U.S. Attorneys and is being investigated
by several congressional committees.

Point is, when a Democrat fires someone who serves at the pleasure of the
chief executive, the prerogatives of the chief's office are recognized and
accepted. When a Republican does pretty much the same, the Republican is
vilified.

Being a Republican is sorta like being a Negro. We have to work twice as hard
and be twice as good to compete with the other party.

It was Republicans who freed the slaves. Something Negro Americans
refuse to believe. The Klan members were Democrats, another simple
fact that Negro Americans have forgotten. The Democrats have pulled
wool over the eyes of my darker skinned brethren and it makes me sad
for them because the Democrats keep them enslaved. They just use a
different approach. BTW, I'm not a Republican and I'm certainly not
a Democrat.

And those republicans are the same as today's?

You forgot to ask if the Democrats are the same.

TDD