Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - Uncle Sam Goes Car Crazy -- Your government gets into the auto business

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:22:59 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 00:03:58 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

Something encouraging: NJ just approved the construction of a good sized
offshore wind farm. It will be something like 12 miles out from the coast.
Let there be more of them...

What of the poor albatross? Oh, the humani^H^H^H^H^H^Hfaunanity!

I'm for more wind and solar power, too, but nukes will save us. One
large problem with that is that you can't take the coal miners,
retrain them, and have them watch nuke gauges. They'd be out of work
after retraining to build the plants.

Right. But they can find some other reason to dig holes in the ground.
There's always something down there.

Y'know, they mightcould be moved over into the geothermal arena.

I'm waiting for the Mr. Fusion, like Doc had on "Back To The Future." That
will solve everything.

I LOVED that invention! Those movies were great fun.

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.